SMR EXPERTS is a proud installer of the Fortress Systems. This system has developed a time-tested and proven method of foundation and crack repair that restores the integrity and stability of the foundation. By using carbon-fiber kevlar sheet straps in combination with specifically designed epoxy and Carbon Fiber Countersunk Staples creates a long-lasting fix. Foundation repair can be performed effectively and efficiently with minimal obtrusion.
Epoxies have the advantage of introducing structural integrity, whether needed or not, Epoxies for crack injection vary in viscosities to accommodate the width of the crack: a low viscosity will be used in some cases and epoxies in gel form will be used for cracks exceeding ¼ inch. These techniques will ensure a strong structural repair for years to come.
Polyurethane foams are often more versatile when the crack is actively leaking at the time of repair, or if the area is still subject to limited movement, Polyurethane elastomeric foams are effective alternates to epoxies for those applications involving only crack sealing (waterproofing) and not structural repair. As well, slight concrete movement will not break the sealing substrate.
When injected polyurethane liquid flows into the crack, it mixes with any water present, and rapidly thickens as it begins to foam. Such foam systems can stop water infiltration very rapidly, even against actively flowing water. Even if the material is leaking out slowly, it still is capable of further foaming to fill out the crack as well as fill the void beyond the crack.
Crystalline crack repair products can be a really good alternative solution when a Urethane or Epoxy injection repair has not worked, or if an exterior repair is not possible. These products work under any jobsite conditions and are also used extensively in waterproofing walls and slabs.
The products have been thoroughly tested to resist up to 140 m (460 feet) of hydrostatic head pressure and give the concrete the ability to seal cracks 0.5 mm and larger. Products provide permanent waterproofing, which gets better over time. They have been tested in the lab and are consistently proving themselves in the field since 1973.
The crack repair is a rout & pack method, which uses crystalline waterproofing products to ensure a permanent waterproof solution. This system is suitable for both horizontal and vertical cracks, and is entered approx 1″ into the crack. Once water comes into contact, the crystalline enters deeper into the crack, sealing it permanently. This product is used in tunnel, under-ground waterway, basin and foundation repairs.
This method of repair is the most effective way of stopping a foundation water leak due to a crack and stopping the water before it enters.
How to repair a crack from the outside:
- We get the exact locations of underground gas and electrical lines marked. This is required by law, generally requires 24 hrs. to obtain and is free of charge.
- The crack location is then excavated to the footing, exposing the whole crack, from the top of the foundation to the bottom at the footing
- The wall is then cleaned and waterproofed using an elastomeric waterproofing membrane, which is applied to the foundation wall surface. The membrane is applied to the wall all the way down to the footing in order to prevent the crack from leaking beneath the basement floor slab.
- A Drainage board (Platon) membrane is affixed to the foundation wall on top of the waterproofing repair.
- The excavated area is backfilled and the site is cleaned up.
SMR Experts ////////
SMR Experts is a leader in foundation services, servicing Montreal, West Island and Laval.
Contact Us ////////